Bleak Dev

Showing posts tagged google apps

I wanted to have a full Agents App wire-frame up by now, but I’ll have to settle for showing an editted-down prototype of a previous version of the project.
To create this self-updating list, I used XSLT to query the user’s personal account XML feed, which was added to from a custom PHP form and the foursquare oAuth.
Now that I focus on it more, I want more versatility with this app as well as a simpler way to manage puzzles than this original set-up provides. Thus, I’m moving the prototype to javascript/JSON-managed Google spreadsheets that will act like a database that seamlessly hooks into and queries Gmail’s labels and email threads.
As for the design, I still plan on including some kind of visual cue of progression (such as percentages or the progress bar I mentioned earlier).
Next up: I’ll get into some hardcore information architecture (IA) to show how the Agents App will receive, respond to and track puzzle solutions.

I wanted to have a full Agents App wire-frame up by now, but I’ll have to settle for showing an editted-down prototype of a previous version of the project.

To create this self-updating list, I used XSLT to query the user’s personal account XML feed, which was added to from a custom PHP form and the foursquare oAuth.

Now that I focus on it more, I want more versatility with this app as well as a simpler way to manage puzzles than this original set-up provides. Thus, I’m moving the prototype to javascript/JSON-managed Google spreadsheets that will act like a database that seamlessly hooks into and queries Gmail’s labels and email threads.

As for the design, I still plan on including some kind of visual cue of progression (such as percentages or the progress bar I mentioned earlier).

Next up: I’ll get into some hardcore information architecture (IA) to show how the Agents App will receive, respond to and track puzzle solutions.